Hunan First Normal University - the alma mater of Mao Zedong, was founded in 1903, and can date back to the Nan Song Dynasty when Southern Changsha City Academy was founded. Now it is a three-year normal University, and enjoying the solid reputation as a "thousand-year institution of higher learning and hundred-year normal school". It is located in the west of Changsha city.
There are three campuses now in the University, one is Dongfanghong campus which seats in the western part of Changsha city and acts as the main teaching base; Another is Chengnan campus which locates in the eastern part of Changsha city and the Memorial of Youth Mao Zedong is included. The other is Huanghua campus, which is used as a manufacturing base.
In recent years, Hunan First Normal University has kept abreast of the times and blazed new trails showing the world a new face in the form of its upgrading of its facilities and the development of an awesome new campus. Now the school has an area of 897,768 square meters and over 43 million RMB worth of new teaching equipment. The University library has a collection of over 1 million volumes.
The school has a staff of 778, including 639 faculty members, more than 58 of whom are professors, 12 of whom hold doctorate degrees, and 3 of whom are experts granted with a special governmental allowance. There are 220 teachers holding titles of Associate Professor. Additionally, there are 252 teachers with a Master's degree or higher level of education. Presently, there are 16,500 undergraduates and 3-year program students in the school. There are five areas of specialty being offered at the school: pedagogy, literature, natural science, engineering, and management science. The Foreign Language Department is the biggest one, which has 4480 students now and the courses include English education, business English and applied English.
Students at Hunan First Normal University have demonstrated their excellence through participation in numerous math, debate, software creation, English speech and theatrical contests and achieved gold medals and other coveted prizes.
The school has been selected as an example of advanced education for teaching and scientific research and its beautiful garden-style architecture has caused it to be chosen as an example of civilized building culture at the municipal, provincial, and national levels. Chengnan campus has also been long designated as a major historical, cultural and patriotic site.
TESOL/TEFL,VOCAL MUSIC AND DANCE TEACHER JOBS ( February, 2014)
• Native English speakers from USA, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand for TESOL/TEFL job;
• Majored and professional teachers from Russia for vocal music and dance teacher jobs;
• Bachelor degree or above;
• Teaching experience or TESOL/TEFL certificate preferred;
Salary and Allowance:
1. 4500-5500RMB per month;
2. Phone call, electricity and medical treatment reimbursement equivalent to 300RMB per month;
3. Round way plane ticket for a school year, one way ticket for one semester;
4. 2200RMB domestic traveling allowance for a school year, 1100RMB for one semester;
5. Additional medical insurance available for purchase;
6. Free accommodation, internet, water;
7. Separate apartment sized 68 square meters with bedrooms(two), living room, bathroom and kitchen, equipped with television, air-conditioners, refrigerator, washing machine, computer (includes Internet capabilities), telephone, microwave, gas stove, cooking appliance, and furniture;
8. Assistance to process work visa, foreign expert certificate, and residence permit;
9. Pick-up at Changsha Airport.
10. Visiting Mao Zedong's hometown - Shaoshan free of charge
JOB APPLICATION PROCEDURES
1. The candidate sends his/her resume, copies of his/her passport and diploma, letter of reference and photo to the school by email (dingtangjianwu[AT]163.com) or fax (0086-731-8228212);
2. The candidate contacts the Chinese embassy in his/her country to get the medical examination form and have his/her medical examination done in his/her country, mail the medical exam results including Anti-HIV, RPR, TPPA, HBsAG, AntiHCV, ALT/GPT, chest X ray report and its photographic plate as well to the school upon agreement reached between two parties.
3. The school applies for the work permit in China for the candidate after receiving his/her medical exam results;
4. The school mails the work permit to the candidate and then he/she applies for Z visa with the work permit and his/her valid passport in his/her country.
5. The candidate books flight to China;
6. The school makes an arrangement for picking up at Changsha Airport.
Contact person:Tang JianwuEmail address: dingtangjianwu[AT]163.com OR dingtangjianwu[AT]gmail.com
2013 AbroadChina.org - Home
Disclaimer: AbroadChina.org does not endorse any of the positions listed on this page,and it shall bear no responsibility for the outcome of any positions to which you might apply.